Elliot Goldofsky, MD
The Center for Hearing & Balance Disorders
600 Northern Blvd.
Great Neck, NY 11021
Tel: (516) 482-3223
Fax: (516) 482-2533
About Elliot Goldofsky MD
Dr. Goldofsky is a member of the New York Head & Neck Institute and specializes in medical and surgical treatment of ear disease, including acute and chronic ear infections, hearing loss, tinnitus, and vertigo, chloesteatoma, sudden hearing loss, Meniere’s Disease and tumors of the ear (including acoustic neuroma, glomus tumors and carcinoma). He also has expertise in hearing restoration surgery, including stapedectormy, ossicular reconstruction and cochlear implantation. Dr. Goldofsky is active in teaching ENT residents about the medical and surgical aspects of otology. He also lectures to audiology students studying for their AuD about various topics in Otology/Neurotology. Dr. Goldofsky also maintains an active general practice in Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose and Throat disorders) treating all age groups.
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- North Shore University Hospital
- Conductive Hearing Loss and Balance Disorders
- Adult & Pediatric Ear Disease
- Acoustic Neuroma
- Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease
- Cholesteatoma, Chronic Otitis Media
- Cochlear Implantation
- Ear Infections & Surgery
- Glomus Tumors
- Hearing Implants
- Meniere’s Disease
- Swimmers Ear
- Otosclerosis, Stapedectomy
- Sensorineural Hearing Loss
- General Otolaryngoloy
Medical School Education
- MD – Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York
- Otolaryngology – Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Chief Resident, Otolaryngology – Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Otology/Neuro-Otology – New York University Medical Center
- American Board of Medical Examiners
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology – Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Otorhinolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery – Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Clinical Instructor in Otolaryngology – New York University School of Medicine
- Instructor Temporal Bone Dissection Course – New York Eye & Ear Infirmary
- Instructor Temporal Bone Dissection Course – Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
- American Neurotology Society
- Long Island Society of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
- New York Otological Society
- Goldofsky, E., Cohen, B.A., Greenstein, A.J.: Acute Pancreatitis Presenting as Colonic Necrosis. American Journal of Gastroenterology 79:548-522, 1984.
- Greenstein, A.J., Sacher, D.B., Lowenthal, D., Goldofsky, E.: Pyogenic Liver Abscess in Crohn’s Disease. Quarterly Journal of Medicine 56:505-518, 1987.
- Goldofsky, E.,: Tympanostomy Tubes for Chronic Serous Otitis Media: A Literature Review. The Mount Sinai Journal of Medicine 54:355-358, 1987.
- Josephson, J.S., Goldofsky, E., Wenig, B.L.: Primary Kaposi’s Sarcoma of an Intraparotid Lymph Node in a Non-Immunocompromised Patient. Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery 99:341-343, 1988.
- Goldofsky, E., Hirschfeld, L., Abramson, A.L., An Unusual Laryngeal Lesion in Children. Granular Cell Tumor. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology 15: 263-267, 1988.
- Goldofsky, E., Zahtz, G.: Nasal Hemangioma of Pregnancy: A Case Report. American Journal of Rhinology 3:9-10, 1989.
- Goldofsky, E., Hoffman, R.A., Holliday, R.A., Cohen, N.L.: Cholesterol CystsOf the Temporal one. Diagnosis and Treatment. Annals of Otol Rhinol Laryngol 100:181-187, 1991.
- Hoffman, R.A., Goldofsky, E.: Topical Opthalmologics in Otology. Ear, Nose and Throat Journal 70:201-205, 1991.
- Hoffman, R.A., Cohen, N.L., Walzman, S., Shapiro, W., Goldofsky, E.: Delayed Extrusion of the Nucleus Multichannel Cochlear Implant. Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery 105:117-119, 1991.
- Zahtz, G., Goldofsky, E.: Epiglottitis: A Decade of Safe Treatment with Nasotracheal Intubation. Children’s Hospital Quarterly 2(4):341-345, 1991.
- Koenigsberg, R.A., Zito, J.L., Patel, M., Schwartz, J.D., Goldofsky, E.: Fenestration of the Internal Carotid Artery: A Rare Mass of the Hypotympanum Associated with Persistence of the Stapedial Artery. American Journal of Neuroradiology 16(4): 908-910, 1995.
- Weiss, R.L., Zahtz, G., Goldofsky, E., Parnes, H., Shikowitz, M.J.,: High Jugular Bulb and Conductive Hearing Loss. Laryngoscope 107:321-327, 1997.
- Vambutas, A., DeVoti, J., Goldofsky, E., Gordon, M., Lesser, M., Bonagura, V,.: Alternate Splicing of Interleukin-1 Receptor Type II (lL1R2) In Vitro Correlates with Clinical Glucocorticoid Responsiveness in Patients with AIED.
- Svakic, M., Pathak, S., Goldofsky, E., Hoffman, R., Chandrasekhar, S., Sperling, N., Alexiades, G., Ashbach, M., Vambutas, A.: Diagnostic and Prognostic Utility of Measuring Tumor Necrosis Factor In the Peripheral Circulation of Patients with Immune-Mediated Sensorineural Hearing Loss. Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery 138 (11) 1052-1058, Nov 2012.