Harly Greenberg, MD, FAASM, FCCP
The Center for Sleep Disorders
410 Lakeville Rd., Suite 107
New Hyde Park
New York, NY 11042
Tel: (516) 465-3899
Fax: (516) 616-4124
- Medical Director, North Shore-LIJ Sleep Disorders Center
- Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine Department of Medicine, North Shore-LIJ
- Program Director, Hofstra-North Shore LIJ Sleep Medicine Fellowship Program
- Professor of Medicine, Hofstra-North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine
About Harly Greenberg MD, FAASM, FCCP
Dr. Greenberg is Medical Director of the North Shore-LIJ Sleep Disorders Center and is an internationally recognized expert in sleep medicine. His clinical expertise includes disorders affecting breathing during sleep such as sleep apnea and snoring, narcolepsy, parasomnias or abnormal movements and behaviors that occur during sleep, insomnia, circadian rhythm sleep disorders and restless legs syndrome among many other disorders that can affect sleep.
The North Shore-LIJ Sleep Disorders Center, which is directed by Dr. Greenberg, is one of the largest sleep medicine diagnostic and treatment facilities in the region. The Center is fully accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and performs nearly 2000 adult and pediatric sleep evaluations each year.
As Program Director for the Hofstra-North Shore-LIJ Sleep Medicine Fellowship Program, one of the few graduate medical education training programs in sleep medicine that is accredited by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education, Dr. Greenberg plays an important role in educating the next generation of sleep medicine physicians. He is also instrumental in educating the professional medical community about the importance of sleep disorders and is frequently invited to lecture on sleep medicine at major regional medical institutions.
Dr. Greenberg has also helped to advance the field of sleep medicine as an investigator or co-investigator in multiple clinical research trials. His research has made important contributions to our understanding of the cardiovascular consequences of obstructive sleep apnea. In addition, Dr. Greenberg was a co-investigator in a major international clinical trial that established the efficacy of continuous positive airway pressure therapy as an important treatment for patients with milder forms of obstructive sleep apnea. His work has also contributed to the development of new therapies for insomnia.
With nearly 60 journal articles and book chapters, Dr. Greenberg is a renowned expert in the field of sleep medicine. He has been recognized in the annual list of "Best Doctors" in New York Magazine for over ten years.
MD – New York University School of Medicine
Internal Medicine – North Shore University Hospital
Pulmonary Medicine- New York University – Bellevue Hospital Center
- The American Board of Internal Medicine, the American Board of Sleep Medicine and the American Board of Pulmonary Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians
- Board Member, New York State Society of Sleep Medicine
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- North Shore University Hospital