Ruth Reisman, AuD, F-AAA, CCC-A
The Center for Hearing & Balance Disorders
110 East 59th Street, Suite 10A
New York, NY 10022
Tel: (212) 434-4500
Fax: (212) 434-4597
About Ruth Reisman AuD, F-AAA, CCC-A
Dr. Reisman is a licensed Audiologist and Hearing Aid Dispenser in New York State. She holds certification by the American Speech and Hearing Association and is a fellow of the American Academy of Audiology. Her experience in the evaluation and rehabilitation of hearing and balance disorders is wide- ranged. She has been recognized for her research in the assessment and treatment of hearing disorders in some of the most challenging cases. Through the use of the latest methods and technology in hearing rehabilitation available today, Dr. Reisman is able to significantly improve communication skills and the quality of life in the hearing impaired population. She is dedicated to increasing awareness on the preservation and improvement of hearing health.
- Undergraduate Studies – Brooklyn College of the City University of New York
- Graduate, Doctoral Studies– The Graduate Center of the City University of New York
- University Hospital of Brooklyn, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center
Awards and Recognition
- Recipient of the 2008 Margret McCarthy Award in Speech for outstanding contributions to the field of Speech and Hearing
- Recipient of the 2008 CUNY Graduate Center Research Grant for the research titled "Transient Evoked Otoacoustic Emissions (TEOAEs) in Normal-Hearing School-Aged Children with and without Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)"
- Recipient of the 2009 Speech and Hearing Project Award for outstanding research contributions to the field of Speech and Hearing
- Recipient of the 2009 Award for Audiology for distinguished contributions to the field of Audiology